End of life for Windows Server 2003 R2 is July 14, 2015

Jonathan M Davis via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Jun 26 04:31:22 PDT 2015

On Friday, 26 June 2015 at 10:40:25 UTC, Dejan Lekic wrote:
> I do not know about others, but I am using XP, and have no plan
> to move to something else any time soon. However, I am using it
> rarely, in a VM, whenever I need to test something on Windows.
> I have no plan of buying a newer Windows. I am sure there are
> many developers who do the same, or similar. :)

Well, be aware that we don't officially support XP and haven't
for a while. Odds are, it'll work in most cases, but there may be
functionality in druntime or Phobos which relies on system calls
added to Windows in Vista. So, while you're obviously free to use
an older version of Windows if you want to, there's no guarantee
that it'll work with a current or future release of
dmd/druntime/Phobos/etc., and we won't fix it if it doesn't.

- Jonathan M Davis