I released my first library!

vladde via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Jun 27 12:58:21 PDT 2015

On Friday, 26 June 2015 at 00:45:41 UTC, Kelet wrote:
> Awesome, congrats on releasing your first library. If you
> intend to work on it further, I'd like to see:
> - A way to call a function when a specific key is pressed (key
> binding)
> - More portability, better support for other terminals; see
> termbox source code for a reasonable level of portability
> - Colors! But I guess we could probably combine your library
> with the "color" library for that, right?
>
> I do enjoy the gif that shows the functionality. I bet using
> Unicode characters for borders and such would look nice.

Thanks!

Key input is a thing I've been thinking about. Since I've already
made a game in a console environment I know that key input sucks.
The best thing to key input that I've seen so far is SDL which
doesn't work with consoles. My idea as of now would be to make a
new library (sometime) that handles key input amazingly, which
would work hand in hand with this library.

Colors is something I'm working on, and I really want to
implement it as soon as possible.

As for portability, I'm not really sure what you mean by that. I
do however want to make this library work on as many
platforms/terminals as possible!