hello world executable size

Joakim via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun Jun 28 02:27:55 PDT 2015

On Thursday, 25 June 2015 at 12:15:26 UTC, Joakim wrote:
> On Thursday, 25 June 2015 at 12:04:26 UTC, Vladimir Panteleev
> wrote:
>> On Thursday, 25 June 2015 at 11:59:24 UTC, Joakim wrote:
>>> Took 90 MiB of JSON to see it, but finally got it, funny how
>>> executable size swings wildly up to five times larger over
>>> the years. :) Anyway, I saw that viewer when you announced it
>>> before: any plans to add it to the github PR checks, along
>>> with your recent check for documentation info?
>>
>> Would you believe me if I said that this obvious (in
>> retrospect) idea hasn't crossed my mind yet?
>
> I figured that's where you were going when you announced it. :)

Another check that would be more worthwhile but harder to measure
would be speed of compilation of druntime/phobos, especially
since speed of compilation is considered a key selling point of
D.  Harder to measure because it depends on what else is going on
on that machine, but with some care and enough samples, you could
get something representative.