Looking for GC intensive D programs

thedeemon via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun Jun 28 23:17:52 PDT 2015

On Monday, 29 June 2015 at 04:19:04 UTC, rsw0x wrote:
>>> Does anyone know of any GC intensive D programs that can
>>> preferably be ran with little to no setup?
> Sorry, should have been a bit more clear. I'm looking for real
> world D programs to help collect statistics.

Here's mine, although it hasn't been updated for a year:
https://bitbucket.org/infognition/undup
It creates a lot of small objects in GC heap when it makes a
drive scan. Due to some conservativeness of D GC and
interlinkedness of object graph in this program, GC couldn't free
memory properly and I had to make the process restart after user
ends working with one set of data (drive scan) and returns to
main window.

It's a GUI tool for Windows, you won't build it on other OSs.
Works fine in Wine on Linux though.