Attempt to get rid of phobos Makefiles, using reggae

Joakim via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Jun 29 09:04:58 PDT 2015

On Monday, 29 June 2015 at 10:35:34 UTC, Atila Neves wrote:
> Worth making a PR for? The PR would only add this file, it
> wouldn't change anything about the current build, but could be
> used for testing purposes in the meanwhile.

Yes, those who want reggae can use it, and the makefile can
remain the default for now.  I can't wait to ditch the makefiles.

> Oh, and given the manual filtering in the config, it obviously
> won't work on Mac OS. I have to get a hold of a Mac and make it
> work there too. Then... Windows.

You could probably use the auto-tester to test reggae: simply add
the reggae source to your PR, build it with a patched makefile,
and then use reggae to build druntime/phobos.  I've used the
auto-tester to test a couple PRs for various OSs that I don't
have, especially OS X.