RCArray is unsafe

weaselcat via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Mar 2 16:13:14 PST 2015

On Tuesday, 3 March 2015 at 00:08:10 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
> On 3/2/2015 3:47 PM, weaselcat wrote:
>> That's actually very old(0.6 - nearly 2 years ago.) I believe
>> rooting was
>> dropped from the language completely.
>>
>> http://doc.rust-lang.org/book/ownership.html
>>
>> also, rust by example chapter 17-19 cover this
>> http://rustbyexample.com/move.html
>
> Thanks for the info. But I don't see how Marc's example is
> prevented by this.

It wouldn't be compilable(it borrows the same object mutably
twice)
I think so, anyways. I'm not that big on rust.

     During a borrow, the owner may NOT (a) mutate the resource,
or (b) mutably lend the resource.
     During a mutable borrow, the owner may NOT (a) access the
resource, or (b) lend the resource.