Standard GUI framework inspired by Qt

Jacob Carlborg via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Mar 4 23:39:29 PST 2015

On 2015-03-03 23:29, Jonas Drewsen wrote:
> On Tuesday, 3 March 2015 at 22:16:36 UTC, Freddy wrote:

>> I'm not much of a gui person,but what is the advantage of using QML
>> over D's import
>> statements(http://dlang.org/expression.html#ImportExpression) and CTFE.
>
> No need to recompile (ie. have the source code) the app you are doing
> when you change the QML. This in turn also speeds up design iterations.

I've been thinking of a design that there's a GUI builder tool. When the
developer builds the GUI the tool will serialize the GUI to some format,
XML, binary or whatever. The application that uses the GUI can load it
at runtime for fast development cycles.

As an optimization the tool can serialize the GUI as D code. The
application can than, at compile time, load the D code using import
expression and mix it in somewhere. In theory, it should be as the
developer wrote GUI code by hand.

--
/Jacob Carlborg