I wondered what characters are allowed for delimiters in a delimited string

Philip Miess via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Mar 5 17:44:30 PST 2015

The spec seemed a little loose, so I tried the first 256 to see.

It is everything minus letters, null and control-z, opening brackets
braces, parenthesis & whitespace

I did not expect that all the non-whitespace control characters in both
control blocks would be supported or the closing brackets, braces and
parenthesis.

I found the inclusion of double quotes and single quotes to be slightly
amusing. But, after all if one set of quotes isn't enough, why not use
two sets.

The exclusion of ·(183) and º (186) surprised me since they didn't look
like letters.

To be specific, the following is a list of decimal numbers for characters
that work on dmd 2.063.2
1-8
14-25
27-31
33-39
41-59
61-64
92-94
96
124-169
171-182
184-185
187-191
215
247

Everything not listed up to 256 doesn't work.
I didn't have an install of GDC or LDC so I didn't check them.