What Features Should A GUI toolkit have?

Kagamin via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Mar 7 02:04:20 PST 2015

On Friday, 6 March 2015 at 21:22:31 UTC, rumbu wrote:
> Anyway, it's clear for me that the age of native controls is
> history. Today interfaces are described in markup languages,
> the OS is responsible to render it, there is a clear separation
> between the user interface and the code behind.

Markup is just a frontend, it can work with anything. In fact,
history only returned to where it started: UI was described in
DSL since early versions of Windows (resources), you couldn't
waste RAM on UI-building code, instead OS was instructed to read
dialog resource and build the window for you, the resource was
discarded right away, every byte was counted.