[OT] HTML: div/iframe hybrid?

Nick Sabalausky via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Mar 7 09:01:14 PST 2015

On 03/06/2015 07:16 AM, Kagamin wrote:
> Just posted: http://jonrimmer.github.io/are-we-componentized-yet/
> Is it what you need?

No, what I was looking for was a way to do "Just drop these few lines of
code into your HTML" a la Disqus, but without relying on JS. Iframes
have always fit that (along with other benefits that "shadow DOM" is
merely re-inventing), but only problem is iframes (still) can't
auto-expand downwards as the internal content grows - hence, awkward
internal scrollbars.

I haven't looked at the details, but "HTML Imports" sounds like
something that might have been able to fit that, but according to that
page, not only do Safari and IE not support them, but apparently Firefox
is INTENTIONALLY not doing them because (if I understand this "polyfill"
thing right) it seems Mozilla deliberately wants to force basic things
like that to always rely on JS. (Just a general overall observation: I
seriously don't understand what the hell goes on in people's minds over
at Mozilla).