Standard GUI framework inspired by Qt

ketmar via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Mar 7 09:56:21 PST 2015

On Sat, 07 Mar 2015 16:30:27 +0000, Ola Fosheim Grøstad wrote:

> On Saturday, 7 March 2015 at 09:27:42 UTC, ketmar wrote:

>>> Opening a simple window with nothing on it in a portable and compliant
>>> manner using xlib is at least 800 lines of code...
>>> Simple!
>>
>> ahem...
>
> You are cheating.

in no way. i even did more than you asked, as you told to "open a simple
window with nothing on it", and i wrote text there.

> You first have to find the optimal visual using XGetVisualInfo.
> You need to create an appropriate colormap.

for what reason? it's always guaranteed to have at least black and white
colors.

> You need to set WM hints using XSetWMProperties.

i don't need 'em. my Fluxbox is happy as it is (and much other WMs too).

> And so on...

there is nothing more. simple as it is.