Standard GUI framework inspired by Qt

ketmar via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Mar 7 11:22:11 PST 2015

On Sat, 07 Mar 2015 18:10:36 +0000, Ola Fosheim Grøstad wrote:

> On Saturday, 7 March 2015 at 17:56:21 UTC, ketmar wrote:
>> there is nothing more. simple as it is.
>
> You are cheating. :P

in no way. ;-)

> And there is nothing simple about X11 if you follow the protocols and
> want to do real work

i wrote some GUI toolkits for X11 in C, and i must say that X11 is simple.

> it is outdated by a wide margin

yes, we need X12. but not from packard, he is insanely dumb.

> and so is the use
> scenario: running low level UI events/graphic commands over ethernet
> replacing TTYs with the graphical equivalent... It was outdated 25 years
> ago!

it wasn't outdated. and i must say that i'm using this feature on dayly
basis. by the way, X11 is not restricted to do only "low level" things.

if only that shitheads didn't kill XIE...

> X11 is the Frankenstein of  UI

X11 was never an UI system. it's WINDOW system. and window is just a
rectangular area on a display. that's it.

> and has probably made a big dent in
> Linux' ability to reach a more casual audience...

ah, one of the things of which i can't care less. ;-)

> It belongs in a museum...

there is no alternative. i'd be happy to get one, but there simply isn't.