DIP75 - Release Process

tcak via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Mar 7 19:24:29 PST 2015

On Saturday, 7 March 2015 at 21:33:07 UTC, H. S. Teoh wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 07, 2015 at 07:15:12PM +0000, Iain Buclaw via
> Digitalmars-d wrote:
> [...]
>> One wishlist to the dlang website would be to have versioned
>> documentation.  For instance, pydocs let you switch between
>> versions
>> of a library so you can read the documentation relevant to your
>> installed D compiler.
>
> This has already been discussed, and Andrei has verbally agreed
> this is
> a good idea. It's just a matter of somebody actually
> implementing it.

Currently, phobos documentation link is like:

http://dlang.org/phobos/std_stdio.html

Normally, IMHO, binding the version of phobos to version of D
compiler is not a good idea though, we still could use it in the
link as:

http://dlang.org/phobos/20661/std_stdio.html

---

Because the Phobos is being compiled based on latest compiler
version, then bringing all documentation (Not only Phobos, but
the language as well) under one single version number would be a
good idea.

Too bothered to update the documentation? Just put a link and a
message saying that, "Updating... Please refer to xxx for now".