Standard GUI framework inspired by Qt

Russel Winder via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Mar 9 02:18:37 PDT 2015

On Mon, 2015-03-09 at 08:56 +0000, Dejan Lekic via Digitalmars-d wrote:
[…]

> I would rather have a GUI framework inspired by JavaFX, plus some
> features that could be added on top of it, that are related to
> the fact that D programmers can utilize hardware directly. JavaFX
> is in my humble opinion one of the best designed GUI APIs in
> existence today. Similar D API would be smaller because we would
> get rid of typical Java bloat.

And using GroovyFX to code it gets rid of much of the Java bloat. Sadly
the JavaFX team have created a nice piece of infrastructure but forget
to mention that coding it using Groovy is way easier that using Java.

Of course using a UI development framework such as Griffon makes things
even easier.

http://new.griffon-framework.org/

--
Russel.