What Features Should A GUI toolkit have?

Kagamin via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Mar 10 01:01:59 PDT 2015

On Monday, 9 March 2015 at 08:13:47 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grøstad
wrote:
> Flexibility is also important for creating good UIs. Complex
> applications never reuse much from existing GUIs, they create
> their own for all the critical tasks.

They still mostly rely on existing functionality, and I wouldn't
say it will be easier in HTML5. You will deal with all the same
primitives, which of course will break with next update.

> HTML5 is an adopted agreed upon standard with backwards
> compatible enhancements that works cross platform.

Yet, web 2.0 technologies have only rudimentary notion of
backward compatibility, all it breaks routinely.