Standard GUI framework inspired by Qt

ketmar via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Mar 10 03:43:03 PDT 2015

On Tue, 10 Mar 2015 10:32:09 +0000, Ola Fosheim Grøstad wrote:

> On Tuesday, 10 March 2015 at 01:25:05 UTC, karl wrote:
>> Also, GL should be optional, just like with Qt; it introduces
>> noticeable lag of 16 to 48ms while being a resource hog unnecessary for
>> most apps. I could help with implementing the abstraction layer and
>> create a software blitter (I was professionally doing such stuff
>> before, for GUI toolkits and stuff; but then again this stuff is
>> trivial).
>
> 16 ms is not noticeable lag for any reasonable application.

besides, i can hardly imagine where that comes from, as videogames seems
to be able to push hundreds of frames per second. it seems that "16 ms
lag" here comes from "synchronise screen updates with vblank" (1000/16 ~=
60, which is common refresh rate for LCDs). and this synchronisation is
purely optional on most hardware.

besides, why anyone may want to update the screen faster than monitor
redraws it?