[OT] HTML: div/iframe hybrid?

via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Mar 10 16:27:48 PDT 2015

On Monday, 9 March 2015 at 19:23:10 UTC, Nick Sabalausky wrote:
> Well, the problem with polyfill is that it defeats the whole
> point. Pretty much anything can *already* be done via
> cross-browser JS libs. But some things have no justification
> for requiring ANY of the bloat or bother of JS - hence "a
> href", ":hover", seamless iframes, html imports, and many other
> examples. So polyfill accomplishes nothing - it's little more
> than a new name for what we've ALWAYS had: over-reliance on JS
> libs for basic, basic functionality.

Sure, if you want safe inclusion then there is no alternative to
iframes, html imports are not safe, I think?

But I think polyfills are different from using JS in general,
since it is a temporary replacement that allows legacy browsers
to access your site while your design is using current an
upcoming tech. So it is more like embedding a temporary emulation
layer than actively using JS.