DIP75 - Release Process

Vladimir Panteleev via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Mar 11 01:00:20 PDT 2015

On Wednesday, 11 March 2015 at 07:32:48 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
wrote:
> It doesn't seem so to me. You find easy weaknesses in my vision
> and pump on them instead of working on making it stronger.
> That's the easy "but that business won't work, and here are the
> reasons why" approach. The harder part is finding ways to make
> it work by overcoming its weaknesses.

Here is a counter-proposal:

1. Add Dub to D.

2. Add a "web development" link in the sidebar, which simply
links to vibed.org.

3. Add an example on the front page on how to create a simple web
server. It needs to list only main.d and package.json, and the
dub command line to build it. A package.json will be needed for
non-trivial things anyway, so might as well get that out of the
way anyway.

4. Unite the Vibe.d forum with forum.dlang.org. I should be able
to do this by making forum.dlang.org connect to it via NNTP.

I think this will achieve much of your goal without the drawbacks.