What Features Should A GUI toolkit have?

Xavier Bigand via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Mar 11 01:32:06 PDT 2015

Le 10/03/2015 11:16, "Ola Fosheim =?UTF-8?B?R3LDuHN0YWQi?=
<ola.fosheim.grostad+dlang at gmail.com>" a écrit :
> On Tuesday, 10 March 2015 at 08:02:00 UTC, Kagamin wrote:
>> Yet, web 2.0 technologies have only rudimentary notion of backward
>> compatibility, all it breaks routinely.
>
> No... there are sometimes regressions, but only for a few releases. It
> does not matter when you bundle the engine with the application.

Personally I am totally against HTML/CSS. It's a pain to get a good
presentation, and the way styles are applied is just to hard to follow
don't forget the !important keyword in CSS.

Even with bootstrap I have difficulties to get results I want.

A year ago I start learn QML (http://doc.qt.io/qt-5/qtqml-index.html)
for my job and it was difficult to understand the property binding
paradigm, but after that you can do just what you want. And code is
really simple and not as verbose as HTML for doing the same things.