A few notes on choosing between Go and D for a quick project

w0rp via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Mar 13 02:22:47 PDT 2015

On Friday, 13 March 2015 at 03:24:44 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
>> * Golang: simple!
>
> D1 was the simple version of D. People wanted more.
>
> Java was originally sold as, and got a great of adoption
> because, it was a C++ like language with all that annoying
> complexity removed.
>
> There's no doubt about it, people like simple languages. We
> should very much keep that in mind when evaluating proposals
> for new features.

I'll never forget what Bjarne said about people wanting a "simple
language." His response to "I want a simple language" was, "No,
you don't!" Because it's always "I want it to be simple... with
just this one extra little feature in it."

It was in his list of "Language Myths" in his talk at Lang-NEXT.
http://channel9.msdn.com/Events/Lang-NEXT/Lang-NEXT-2014/Keynote