A few notes on choosing between Go and D for a quick project

Walter Bright via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Mar 13 11:54:34 PDT 2015

On 3/13/2015 3:34 AM, bearophile wrote:
> "Strict mode" is a D2 with immutable+ at safe+pure by default,

Note that you can get this largely by starting a module with the following:

    immutable @safe pure:

> something like a "var" keyword to denote mutable values,

Transitive const may make this problematic.

> no comma operator,

Some good arguments for this.

> static full tracking of memory ownership,

Makes the language significantly more complex.

> less implicit casts (because now we have the safe int(x) sytnax),

I think D does very well with implicit casts.

> and few other small changes that make the language less bug prone and
> more strict.

> And I'd still like built-in tuple syntax in D.

[... Just one more feature ...] is the road to hell.