A few notes on choosing between Go and D for a quick project

Walter Bright via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Mar 13 12:17:43 PDT 2015

On 3/13/2015 7:51 AM, Chris wrote:
> Also, sometimes I have the impression that people use any excuse not to use D.

I've learned to be careful when people say "I can't use [insert your product]
because of X." All too often, it isn't X at all. I discovered this by addressing
the problem, and going back to the person and saying "X is solved", and they
just kind of mumble a bit and say "that's great, but I still can't use it
because of Y."

(Ironically, they'll often be using Product Z that also has flaw X and Y.)

In other words, X and Y are not the real reasons. The real reason may be
something that isn't too palatable to say, so they look around for a real or
imagined flaw, something that is more presentable, and say that.

It's important for us to find the real reasons, instead of chasing pots 'o gold
at the end of rainbows.