A few notes on choosing between Go and D for a quick project

deadalnix via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Mar 13 13:24:11 PDT 2015

On Friday, 13 March 2015 at 10:02:02 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
> On 3/13/2015 2:22 AM, w0rp wrote:
>> I'll never forget what Bjarne said about people wanting a
>> "simple language." His
>> response to "I want a simple language" was, "No, you don't!"
>> Because it's always
>> "I want it to be simple... with just this one extra little
>> feature in it."
>
> Yes. I've often seen posts here from people writing that they
> wanted stability, and then give a list of new features they
> want.

Same old strawman again.

there is introduce this completely new feature thta may be good,
but ultimately increase the language size and complexity and will
come with its set of bugs, and there is introduce feature X, that
will complete what feature A, B and C, that are already in, so
they can actually provide what they are supposed to without any
holes.

Putting the 2 in the same bag is the very reason why we get stuff
added or rejected pretty much randomly and never get stable.