A few notes on choosing between Go and D for a quick project

Almighty Bob via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Mar 13 18:40:48 PDT 2015

On Friday, 13 March 2015 at 22:02:42 UTC, weaselcat wrote:
> On Friday, 13 March 2015 at 21:52:30 UTC, Almighty Bob wrote:
>> Well I figured that was probably the case.
>>
>> It's just not very smart to have that as the only obvious
>> guide to the language on the home page.
>
> There's a "Books and Articles" dropdown on the frontpage, Ali's
> book is the first link.
>
> It's very good. I refer to it constantly.

I would bet someone new to the D website and wanting to learn the
language will click on things in this order...

1. Tutorial, only to be taken to the first chapter of a book that
is not free.
2. Language reference, to be taken to terse reference docs for
experienced users.
3. If they are still around they may try "Articles". When they
click on articles up pops a page entitled..."Real Close to the
Machine: Floating Point in D".

Why does clicking on "Articles" open an article on floating point
math?

Why is Ali's book just linked as "Online Book (free)".

Where's the "getting Started"???

Yes the information is there but its "hidden in the bottom of a
locked filing cabinet stuck in a disused lavatory with a sign on
the door saying Beware of the Leopard."