dfmt options

Orvid King via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Mar 14 17:01:45 PDT 2015

On Saturday, 14 March 2015 at 23:49:00 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
> On 3/14/2015 4:15 PM, Brian Schott wrote:
>> What am I missing?
>
> I suggest defining "The One True Way" and have no configuration
> options.

At which point you realize that "The One True Way" is wrong, ask
for it to be changed, and are then told that it is "The One True
Way".

Take tabs vs. spaces for instance, phobos' style guide states
that indents should be 4 spaces, but I'd much prefer it to be a
single tab.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the purpose of a formatter
is to make the formatting of the code consistent in the way that
the user wants it to be.