dfmt options

Walter Bright via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Mar 14 18:41:13 PDT 2015

On 3/14/2015 4:58 PM, Brian Schott wrote:
> On Saturday, 14 March 2015 at 23:51:51 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
>> On 3/14/2015 4:15 PM, Brian Schott wrote:
>>> What am I missing?
>>
>> I'd also suggest making dfmt an algorithm. Then people can use it like map,
>> reduce, filter, etc., in their programs. dfmt as a program then becomes
>> incidental and trivial.
>
> I'm not sure if you're trolling or not. I mean, when you said that writing a D
> lexer and parser was a weekend project I knew that you were, but with this I'm
> not sure.

   void format(OutputRange)(string source_desc, ubyte[] buffer, OutputRange
output, FormatterConfig* formatterConfig)

isn't quite set up as an algorithm. An algorithm would look like:

   auto format(InputRange)(InputRange r, string source_desc, FormatterConfig*
formatterConfig)

and would return another input range.