A few notes on choosing between Go and D for a quick project

deadalnix via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Mar 14 22:28:59 PDT 2015

On Sunday, 15 March 2015 at 04:32:25 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
>> That we have a large number of string literals, in the core of
>> the language,
>> many of which could probably be language construct.
>
> I haven't looked into it - anything in particular you have in
> mind?

Not one precisely, but I'm sure we don't need as many as we have.
", `, q", q{, r", x". I've never used several of theses and I'm
sure most people here would say the same.

> I'd also prefer to get rid of /+ +/ comments, I thought they'd
> be more useful than they are.

I use them all the time, and cringe whenever I code in something
else because i don't have them. Once you have /* comments */ in
some piece of code, you can't comment blocks without going
through hoops. that is very annoying./+ comments +/ are one of
the simple thing that makes coding in D much more pleasant.