dfmt options

via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Mar 14 23:43:02 PDT 2015

On Saturday, 14 March 2015 at 23:15:35 UTC, Brian Schott wrote:
> First, a disclaimer: I am an idiot for starting this thread.
>
> Moving on...
>
> I'm working on a list of configuration options for dfmt - a
> formatter for D source code.
>
> So far I have the following:
>
> * Insert spaces between if, while, for, foreach, etc loops and
> the "("
> * Allman vs One True Brace Style (Already supported by
> commant-line switch)
> * Operators at the end of the old line vs beginning of the new
> line when wrapping long expressions.
> * Insert space after the ")" of a cast expression
> * Make "case" and "default" match the indent level of the
> enclosing "switch"
> * Labels for loops always on their own line vs the same line as
> the loop
> * Labels outdented one level
> * Label indentation matches the most recent "switch"
> * Hard limit for line length
> * Soft limit for line length
>
> What am I missing?

First of all look at AStyle. It has plenty of options.

And There are some D specific options: templates constraints,
function contract, static if (I would prefer do not ident code in
static if block, for example).

Actually I with my student work also on code formatter, but we go
deeper (may be too deeper :) ), unfortunately we haven't much
time. And we wish you good luck with dfmt!!!