sudo apt-get install dmd

Joseph Rushton Wakeling via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun Mar 15 05:25:17 PDT 2015

On 14/03/15 18:31, Andrei Alexandrescu via Digitalmars-d wrote:
> I was looking at easy installation of dmd on ubuntu, and found this:
>
> http://d-apt.sourceforge.net/
>
> Should we make it part of the official distribution?

It would be nice to have an official apt repo.  I find the way things are
packaged there slightly unsatisfactory, inasmuch as it packages various
different tools into the dmd-bin package (e.g. both dmd and rdmd) rather than
allowing you to install/uninstall them separately.

Alternatively, might be worth setting up a dlang PPA on Launchpad (I think it
probably makes things easier setting up packages for multiple different Ubuntu
and Debian installs).