dfmt options

Mathias Lang via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun Mar 15 06:49:35 PDT 2015

digitalmars-d at puremagic.com>:

> maybe it's time to fix the compiler, so it will simply reject the UnTrue
> Sources? why relay to external tool for such fundamental task?

That would be terrible. They are thing the compiler should enforce (IMO the
`module name;` should be mandatory, and it should also warn if no
documentation for the module was given when symbols inside the module are),
but One True Way would just lead to fork, countless bikeshedding, and "I
don't use D because I'm not free to format my code the way I want"
arguments.

Arguing on something as subjective as formatting is a loss of time, because
you can find as many pros and cons as you want.