A few notes on choosing between Go and D for a quick project

disme via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun Mar 15 07:15:17 PDT 2015

do you people really want to see this language be more popular?
do you? doesnt look like it at all to me, the only few people in
those 18+ pages that are actually telling you the real problems
are mostly being ignored for futile python, go and rust talk,
seriously?

let me go ahead and say that no i dont use D, ive found it awhile
ago and came back to look at it from time to time which puts me
in a perfect spot to tell you that the fundamental problems for
new comers are right here, in those posts:

page 7 - Leandro Motta Barros' post
page 10 - Almighty Bob's first post
page 11 - Almighty Bob's post (again)
page 14 - rumbu's first post
page 17 - Xavier Bigand's post
page XX - many of Chris' posts
(may have missed a few but those are the ones that jumped out at
me where i really went "THIS MAN GETS IT!")

yes, those are fundamental problems FOR A NEW COMER! 90% of the
posts i see in this thread are a bunch of... i dont even know?
advanced "problems" that new comers would have no clue what they
are about, only those few posts i mentioned are seeing the real
problems.

this community seems to be filled with really intelligent,
dedicated people capable of solving some of the hardest
challenges but you fail to see the tiny little bitty small things
that are stopping the new comers and instead you worry about
things that are far beyond their scope people...

i guess ill find out in a few months when i visit the language
again if those posts have been paid attention to, with that said
i wonder how many people will reply to this because they havent
read until the end (tiny little bitty detail slipping by again?)