dfmt options

Walter Bright via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun Mar 15 11:37:46 PDT 2015

On 3/15/2015 3:12 AM, Dicebot wrote:
> It is also matter of expectation. Until now D was very un-opinionated language,
> probably even closer to language construction set. If this changes for one case,
> one may fear more similar decisions may follow.

That's not entirely correct. For example, the rules for operator overloading are
set up to discourage things like C++ iostreams.

Nevertheless, nobody is going to force dfmt on anyone. It will remain a separate
tool, not welded into the language.

However, I do anticipate that official D source code, like for Phobos, will
require dfmt.