dfmt options

Brad Anderson via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun Mar 15 19:16:17 PDT 2015

On Saturday, 14 March 2015 at 23:15:35 UTC, Brian Schott wrote:
> First, a disclaimer: I am an idiot for starting this thread.
>
> Moving on...
>
> I'm working on a list of configuration options for dfmt - a
> formatter for D source code.
>
> So far I have the following:
>
> * Insert spaces between if, while, for, foreach, etc loops and
> the "("
> * Allman vs One True Brace Style (Already supported by
> commant-line switch)
> * Operators at the end of the old line vs beginning of the new
> line when wrapping long expressions.
> * Insert space after the ")" of a cast expression
> * Make "case" and "default" match the indent level of the
> enclosing "switch"
> * Labels for loops always on their own line vs the same line as
> the loop
> * Labels outdented one level
> * Label indentation matches the most recent "switch"
> * Hard limit for line length
> * Soft limit for line length
>
> What am I missing?

clang-format has a pretty extensive set:
http://clang.llvm.org/docs/ClangFormatStyleOptions.html

I don't think all of that is necessary however. When I started
using clang-format I just looked at the predefined styles (LLVM,
Google, Chromium, Mozilla, Webkit) and picked the one I liked the
most and didn't stress the details. I guess what I'm saying is
I'd like a bunch of predefined styles. I don't want to wade
through 50 options to make my own style.

dfmt would, of course, need to support expressing all the
predefined styles and all of those differences should have
options.