sudo apt-get install dmd

Martin Nowak via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Mar 16 05:36:59 PDT 2015

On Saturday, 14 March 2015 at 17:31:56 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
wrote:
> I was looking at easy installation of dmd on ubuntu, and found
> this:
>
> http://d-apt.sourceforge.net/
>
> Should we make it part of the official distribution?

We could try to host an apt and yum repo on dlang.org.
Might be simple to do, but it's not much better than the deb/rpm
download we offer.
It only gets interesting when we could land DMD in official
repos, volunteering package maintainers are welcome and should
please contact me.
I hope we can sort out the redistribution part of the backend
somehow.

We should include the few commands to install the packages on the
download page.