Situation with D on iOS, Android, and WP8?

Dan Olson via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Mar 16 08:41:07 PDT 2015

"Joakim" <dlang at joakim.fea.st> writes:

> On Monday, 16 March 2015 at 05:31:05 UTC, Mitchell wrote:
>> I've seen a few posts similar to this but they were quite old and
>> probably have outdated information, so I'd like to ask again - what
>> is the situation with D on the major mobile platforms?
>>
>> Not really concerned with C#/Obj-C/Java interop, more just if you
>> can compile a hello world using Phobos on it.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Mitchell
>
> Don't think anyone cares about WP8 but this was recently answered for
> the others:
>
> http://forum.dlang.org/thread/qnxxwaezsrlhqlpwutby@forum.dlang.org

Hi Mitchell -

For iOS, if you are willing to build the LLVM + LDC compiler chain, then
please try:

https://github.com/smolt/ldc-iphone-dev

The readme lists the current state of things.  You can build and run
phobos hello world, and much more.  I am trying to decide weather to
cleanup and post more complicated app examples or push ios branch
changes into ldc and D-Programming-Language git repos.  Lately I've been
doing the later.
--
Dan