A few notes on choosing between Go and D for a quick project

Nick Sabalausky via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Mar 17 01:07:46 PDT 2015

On 03/17/2015 03:45 AM, "Ola Fosheim =?UTF-8?B?R3LDuHN0YWQi?=
<ola.fosheim.grostad+dlang at gmail.com>" wrote:

> Yes, the scroll-scroll-scroll-scroll-where-did-they-hide-the-info-design
> is annoying and probably the result of using generic templates. Looks
> cheap.

Funny thing is, I've seen a LOT of generic-template sites that look &
feel WAY better than the "mobile first"-style ones.

I'm still a little bit irked that Linode ditched their formerly
fantastic homepage for yet-another-useless-PITA-mobile-first-style homepage.

>> Even ignoring all subjective and objective specifics of the style, the
>> mere concept of designing a site "mobile-first (and desktop if we ever
>> feel like it, as it usually turns out)" is entirely inappropriate for
>> websites relating to software development - a field which even today
>> still takes place almost entirely on desktop/laptop, not phone or tablet.
>
> The site is the epitome of inappropriate:
>
> «This site is optimized with the Yoast WordPress SEO plugin»

Sometimes I'm truly amazed by the lengths people will go JUST to contort
WordPress into whatever not-remotely-related purpose they have in mind.

It's like being the only carpenter in the world who uses a hammer
instead of stringing up a frozen pizza to the end of a rubber squeeze toy.