calling C variadic arguments with no 'argc' and only variadic arguments

Laeeth Isharc via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Mar 17 17:54:06 PDT 2015

So I ported the C API for MathGL to D, and it is up at
code.dlang.org (under dmathgl).  MathGL is a nice plotting
library.

http://mathgl.sourceforge.net/doc_en/Pictures.html#Pictures

Later I will work on porting the C++ interface, but so far it at
least works for the simplest sample.  (Not tried anything else as
they are all written in C++).

DMD gave me an error message for the following declarations:

double mgl_rnd (...);
double mgl_rnd_ (...);

It says I need at least one fixed argument first.  But the C
headers are as they are.

I could work around this by writing a C stub

double mgl_rnd_(int dummy, ...)

but is there any way to call these functions without this
workaround?