Phobos Documentation - call to action

Walter Bright via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Mar 17 20:44:08 PDT 2015

The bad news: the Phobos documentation sux.

The good news: we can make things a lot better by just filling in blanks. For
example, picking a function largely at random:

   http://dlang.org/phobos/std_uni.html#sicmp

There is no Params section, no Returns: section, and no See_Also section. Hence,
I wrote a PR for it:

   https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/phobos/pull/3060

There's nothing clever about it, just filling in the blanks. If we all pitch in,
we can substantially improve the documentation.

Some guidelines:

1. The sections Params, Returns, and See_Also need to be there. (Unless there
are no parameters, or a void return.)

2. One PR per function being fixed.

3. Resist the urge to do more, stay focused simply on filling in the blanks, one
PR per function, making things easy to review.