A few notes on choosing between Go and D for a quick project

Laeeth Isharc via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Mar 17 21:54:28 PDT 2015

On Wednesday, 18 March 2015 at 02:02:27 UTC, bachmeier wrote:
> On Wednesday, 18 March 2015 at 01:52:00 UTC, Laeeth Isharc
> wrote:
>> PyD is pretty nice, although one wouldn't want to call it from
>> an inner loop.
>
> Why wouldn't you want to call it from an inner loop?

See benchmark someone did a while back that had D relatively
slow, which prob was PyD judging by comment from the developer.
But there are different kinds of demands, and I can't say I am
highly experienced with using pyD in that context.  So if you
found different I would love to hear more.

If I had time I would experiment, but I don't right now unfort.