A few notes on choosing between Go and D for a quick project

Jacob Carlborg via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Mar 18 09:43:27 PDT 2015

On 2015-03-17 08:15, Walter Bright wrote:

> When Voldemort types are returned, they must be by auto. The user isn't
> supposed to know what the return type is, just how to use it.

I still don't like that there's no good way to describe the API. It's
not possible to put a name (that can be used in code, or reference in
the documentation) on an API like this. Something like this would be nice:

constraint InputRange (E)
{
     E front();
     void popFront();
     bool empty();
}

InputRange!(int) result = [1, 2, 3, 4].map(e => e * 2);

--
/Jacob Carlborg