A few notes on choosing between Go and D for a quick project

bachmeier via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Mar 18 11:48:56 PDT 2015

On Wednesday, 18 March 2015 at 15:13:24 UTC, jmh530 wrote:
> On Wednesday, 18 March 2015 at 02:00:40 UTC, bachmeier wrote:
>> Unfortunately there is little documentation (though I'm
>> working on that). I only use Linux but I would be happy if
>> someone that knows Windows would find that it works there.
>
> Work machine's firewall isn't letting me run install_bitbucket,
> which doesn't surprise me as I can't get anything like
> bitbucket/git or whatever to work. I can try it on my home
> machine when I have time. I can tell that it might be a little
> challenging to get libgretl1-dev installed. The gretl
> sourceforge's Windows page only has zips and binaries. I found
> the Debian source, so I might try making it with Cygwin and see
> if that works.

I'd greatly appreciate hearing about your experiences. I was lost
when I tried it on Windows, but then I don't have any experience
developing on Windows (that was a big part of why I moved to
Linux). Technically, the gretl dependency isn't needed, but it's
got such a nice interface to the matrix algebra and regression
routines.

You might be able to download the zip here:

https://bitbucket.org/bachmeil/dmdinline/downloads

and then install from a USB disk using install_local.