Phobos Documentation - call to action

H. S. Teoh via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Mar 18 20:17:45 PDT 2015

On Thu, Mar 19, 2015 at 02:51:12AM +0000, Zach the Mystic via Digitalmars-d wrote:
> On Wednesday, 18 March 2015 at 20:19:10 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
> >On 3/18/2015 12:42 PM, Zach the Mystic wrote:
> >>But why, therefore, is it so hard to get movement on it?
> >
> >I don't know why, so I'll ask. Why haven't you submitted a PR to fix
> >one of them? :-)
>
> I have pathetically little experience with most of phobos. I most
> certainly hold the record for amount of passion associated with the D
> language versus number of lines actually coded in it. That said, it
> can't be that hard to figure out what the parameters are and what they
> return. If you give me a specific module, I'll start making pull
> requests for it.

What about just picking a random Phobos module from dlang.org and
scrolling through to find an undocumented (or poorly-documented)
function? There are sadly a *lot* of such modules in Phobos; it won't be
long before you find something.

If you look at a thing nine hundred and ninety-nine times, you are
perfectly safe; if you look at it the thousandth time, you are in
frightful danger of seeing it for the first time. -- G. K. Chesterton