A few notes on choosing between Go and D for a quick project

jmh530 via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Mar 19 19:38:00 PDT 2015

On Wednesday, 18 March 2015 at 18:48:59 UTC, bachmeier wrote:
> On Wednesday, 18 March 2015 at 15:13:24 UTC, jmh530 wrote:
>
> You might be able to download the zip here:
>
> https://bitbucket.org/bachmeil/dmdinline/downloads
>
> and then install from a USB disk using install_local.

I ended up trying this on my home computer because it makes life
much easier.

The Debian file I was trying to get for libgretl-dev was a
package rather than the source, I think, and I couldn't find the
source or any sort of Windows version. Anyway commands like
> install_librtod2(gretl="usr/lib/libgretl-1.0.so",
> libr="usr/lib/R/lib/libR.so")
don't make much sense as .so is only for linux. I tried it anyway
and got an error about the cd command not being found (wasn't the
error I expected, but oh well).

I seem to be able to import the dmdinline library just fine. When
I run
compileD("foo", txt)
I get

Error in file(filename, "r", encoding = encoding) :
   cannot open the connection
In addition: Warning message:
In file(filename, "r", encoding = encoding) :
   cannot open file 'C:/Users/John/Documents/.rtod2/config.R': No
such file or directory

I don't know where the config.R file is located.