[Semi OT] The programming language wars

ketmar via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Mar 20 12:15:18 PDT 2015

On Fri, 20 Mar 2015 18:31:06 +0000, Paulo Pinto wrote:

> As for CLIs regaining their central place in the world of computing, in
> a world going towards speech recognition and touch interfaces, I very
> much doubt CLI use will increase.

this is another overhyped trendy blah-blah, like "cloud computing". such
interfaces are for casual users. sure, when i want to simply listen music
or watch a movie, it's easier to tell that or point it with my finger.
but if i want to use my computer for something more complex, typing on
keyboard is simply faster and less error-prone than speaking. especially
if you cut off that stupid mouse. ;-)