SO/messaging - dmd is fast to compile; ldc/gdc generate fast code

Laeeth Isharc via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Mar 21 04:39:50 PDT 2015

> Yah, nitpicks should go there too. We need to have an
> understanding that statistically everybody is on SO and nobody
> here :o).

I have seen repeatedly - on stack overflow and elsewhere - people
benchmarking 'D' against other languages using dmd.  The
messaging on the home page and download page is not clear.  We
might consider making it clearer - dmd for fast compilation and
ldc/gdc for fast code if you need it - because not doing so
undermines a key benefit of D.

And an article on general techniques to make D code fast would be
good both for the web site and for Adam's newsletter.  I am not
the person to write this for now.

Laeeth.