What Features Should A GUI toolkit have?

Jim Hewes via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Mar 28 10:55:59 PDT 2015

I'd like to see D with GUI framework like JUCE. That's what would make
me use D more. For now I'll stick with C++ and JUCE. I know it sounds
superficial to have your choice of language based so much on GUI, but I
write software for average people to use, not for other programmers (and
not for servers). Average people use GUIs. I like with JUCE how it's
very easy to make your own UI elements when you need to by using drawing
primitives inside a paint() function. Then you can apply transforms to
zoom in/out or manipulate easily.