The D Language: A sweet-spot between Python and C

lobo via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun Mar 29 18:32:09 PDT 2015

On Monday, 30 March 2015 at 00:57:06 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
> http://blog.experimentalworks.net/2015/01/the-d-language-a-sweet-spot-between-python-and-c/
>
> Reddit:
> https://www.reddit.com/r/programming/comments/30qqck/the_d_language_a_sweetspot_between_python_and_c/

The syntax was a big part of D that got me hooked. It just feels
right, as Python syntax often does, but with D there's raw power
behind it.

Coming from C++ I'd always end up prototyping in Python because
it's such a productive language. Unfortunately Python doesn't
have the grunt when I need it so it turns into a Python/C++ combo.

I tried Go and Rust but found both languages put up roadblocks
too often and got in my way.

Cheers,
lobo