They wrote the fastest parallelized BAM parser in D

CraigDillabaugh via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Mar 30 13:25:32 PDT 2015

On Monday, 30 March 2015 at 20:09:35 UTC, Laeeth Isharc wrote:

clip

> You're right about the lack of visualization being a shame. I
> have been thinking about porting Bokeh bindings to D.  There
> isn't much too it on the server side - all you need to do is
> build up the object model and translate it to JSON - but I have
> not time right now to do it all myself.

clip

A comment on the visualization thing. Is this really a big issue?
  Data processing (D's strong point) and visualization are
different tasks, and presumably as long as outputs are to
standard file types (ie. NetCDF, HDF5 or other domain specific
formats) then existing visualization tools should be usable.

I did some image processing work with D and didn't find the lack
of specific D tools for visualization a big issue.

There is some advantage to being able to perform visualization
tasks in the same lanaguage as you do the data processing work,
but I wouldn't this this would be a major obstacle.