unittests are really part of the build, not a special run

w0rp via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Mar 30 16:49:03 PDT 2015

On Monday, 30 March 2015 at 23:26:38 UTC, Dicebot wrote:
> If it is only format that matters you an always change it via
> custom test runner. For example, we do have a test runner that
> generates JUnit-compatible XML output for Jenkins - and that
> was possible to do with plain `unittest` blocks even with D1 :)
>
> Main problem with changing default formatting is that it is
> pretty hard to choose one that is 100% right. Current one is at
> least simple and predictable being just an exception printout.

I would love to have that JUnit-compatible test runner. I haven't
needed it quite yet, but it would be nice to have, and I'm sure
others would appreciate it.

I would also like it if there was Corbetrua-formatted output for
DMD's coverage reports. Then it would be possible to see both
test results and code coverage reports in Jenkins.