Named unittests

Steven Schveighoffer via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Mar 31 05:33:33 PDT 2015

On 3/30/15 5:58 PM, Dicebot wrote:
> I'd prefer putting alternative test runner into Phobos instead which
> will support `@name("Something") unittest { }`

Yes, this is one of the benefits I touted 2 years ago when I asked for
module RTInfo -- we can use this information in the runtime to
instrument how we run unit tests.

We still don't have module RTInfo.

And yes, then it can be a library solution. unittests are a language
feature, but only in how they are compiled and linked. The runtime is
fully responsible for how they are run. All we need is a way to tell the
compiler how to describe them to the runtime.

-Steve